In an effort to reduce waste and cleanup after the race, the 2013 Run of the Mill 5K has partnered with the industry-leading software platform, Virtual Race Bags® to provide their registered racers with a digital race bag chock full of goodies.
This is being done to eliminate unnecessary waste from plastic bags full of paper, and to provide a more effective way for local businesses to provide the registered racers with their coupons and offers.
How does a virtual race bag work?
- 85% of U.S. adults are online every day. 50% own a smartphone. The world is now digital!
- Registered racers receive a welcome email invitation to visit their bag a few days prior to the event.
- Registered racers visit the virtual race bag, then view, save and redeem offers of interest.
- A few days after the event, registered racers receive a reminder email invitation to visit their “bag.”
- Registered racers have 7-10 days in total to save or take advantage of offers. After that time period the virtual race bag is closed.
- Registered racers receive 1-2 reminder emails to use the offers they have saved in their bag.
- Registered racers save offers, online or on their mobile device, encouraging redemption.
- It’s GREEN! No more wasted plastic bags, products or paper.
Registration is now open for the 2013 Run of the Mill 5K. According to their website, “The Run of the Mill is a 5k (3.1 mile) race in Mill Creek Washington. It is the longest standing annual event in Mill Creek. Since 2006, the race has been a fundraising event to benefit those fighting cancer.”
“The Run of the Mill is a very fun event – not only because the race itself has become a very respected and competitive 5k, but also because before and after the race, the event is a fun, community event with booths, prize give-aways, music, cash awards and great community spirit.”
Although registration is open until midnight on July 2nd, those who register before July 1st save $15.
There is no day of race registration, so register early! Participation is limited to 2000.