By Yvette Charbeneau, Mill Creek Little League Communications Director.
Preparation for the 2014 Mill Creek Little League season starts in January. There are a series of events, clinics, and try-outs for interested players to attend.
Information night and gear-swap exchange
Our information night and gear-swap exchange will be on Wednesday evening, January 15, 2014, from 6:30 to 8:30 at Heatherwood Middle School.
- If you have questions about which division to register your player for - this is the time to come and ask.
- If you have volunteer packets to drop off - this is the time to bring them in.
- If you have a birth certificate that you need to produce for your child to play this year - this is the time to drop it off.
- If you have gear that you have outgrown or no longer use, but is still safe for play - bring it in for our informal gear swap! (please bring it to Heatherwood by 6:30).
2014 Season Sign-ups
Mill Creek Little League sign ups are happening now! Softball and Baseball teams are being formed for ages 4-18. Register by January 17 to receive an early bird discount. Please visit www.millcreeklittleleague.com to sign up and for more information.
We will be holding a skills clinic for ages 8-12 on January 26 from 3:00-6:30 at Tambark Field. This is an excellent opportunity for kids to dust off their skills and get familiar with how tryouts will work. Please visit our website for more information.
Softball tryouts will be held in late February.
Baseball tryouts for ages 9-12 (and 8's planning to play Farm Baseball) will be held on:
- January 31 (Friday) at Mill Creek Sports Park Freedom Field,
- February 1 (Saturday) at Cedar Wood Elementary,
- February 8 (Saturday) at Cedar Wood Elementary, and
- February 9 (Sunday) at Cedar Wood Elementary.
All those trying out must attend at least two tryouts.
Please visit our website for more information: www.millcreeklittleleague.com.