From a City of Mill Creek news release.
Mill Creek’s Art & Beautification Board set out on August 8, 2018, to deliver yard signs to 12 winners of the annual Great Garden Awards.
The Great Garden Awards are given out to Mill Creek gardens that exhibit great design, creativity, diversity, and overall beauty.
Each member of the board is assigned a geographic location at which point they tour their assigned neighborhoods within those bounds to find gardens to nominate for the award. All nominated gardens are then voted upon by the entire board.
“Giving out these awards is one of my favorite things to be able to do as a board member,” said Arts & Beautification Board Chair Matt Buchanan. “There is no lack of beautiful gardens for us to choose from, but for those who went the extra mile we say congratulations on a garden well done.”
The winners of this year’s Great Garden Awards are:
- 4724 132nd St. SE – Jeffrey and Amy Strickland.
- 4125 138th St. SE – Jennifer Pawlowski.
- 15726 24th Dr. SE – Robert and Elaine Adams.
- 14703 16th Ave. SE – Tadatoshi Nakajima.
- 16110 29th Dr. SE – Jim and Shirley Hewson.
- 3325 157th Pl. SE – Mark and Renee Oostra.
- 2307 140th Pl. SE – Ronald Lowell.
- 2412 140th Pl. SE – Clifford and Tonja Hearne.
- 2515 143rd Pl. SE – Harold and Lisa Reid.
- 14610 32nd Dr. SE – Terence and Rosario Carroll.
- 14918 3rd Dr. SE – Steven and Deborah Brandt.
- 15404 3rd Dr. SE – Guy and Jamie Armfield.
The winners will be recognized at the September 11th Mill Creek City Council Meeting.