By Richard Van Winkle, News of Mill Creek. August 6, 2021.
Most of the ballots that have been received for the 2021 Primary Election have now been counted.
Only 350 of the 135,698 Primary Election ballots received by Snohomish County remained to be counted as of Thursday afternoon, August 5th.
According to the Snohomish County Auditor, voter turnout is about 27% for the county and 29% for the City of Mill Creek. Low turnouts are common for primary elections.
As of Thursday afternoon, August 5th, only 18 votes separated Mill Creek City Council candidates Melissa Duque and Adam Morgan. They both will advance to the November General Election which promises to be a closely contested race.
Also advancing to the November General Election are Traci Mitchell and Charles Mister, who are competing for Position 4 on the Everett School District Board. Incumbent Mitchell has a comfortable lead over newcomer Mister.
On the tax front, City of Snohomish voters declared their support for Proposition 1, which adopts a sales and use tax to fund city transportation improvements such as repaving streets
The following results are based on returns posted on the Snohomish County Auditor’s Office and the Office of the Washington Secretary of State websites as of Thursday afternoon, August 5th. Only races with three or more candidates are included here.
City of Mill Creek Council Position 6
- Melissa Duque: 1,848 Votes, 48%
- Adam R. Morgan: 1,830 Votes, 48%
- Shannon Warren: 139 Votes, 4%
City of Snohomish Mayor
- Linda Redmon: 1,234 Votes, 50%
- John T. Kartak: 1,112 Votes, 45%
- Samuel F. King: 103 Votes, 4%
City of Snohomish Councilmember Position 5
- Kari Zimmerman: 796 Votes, 34%
- Becky Perkins: 322 Votes, 14%
- David Flynn 1,210: Votes, 52%
City of Snohomish Councilmember Position 7
- Karen W. Guzak: 889 Votes, 37%
- Steve Dana: 981 Votes, 40%
- Tabitha Baty: 546 Votes, 23%
Everett School District Director Position 2
- Charles Mister, Jr.: 4,674 Votes, 23%
- Traci Mitchell: 12,082 Votes, 58%
- Janelle Burke: 3,777 Votes, 18%
Northshore School District Director No. 1
- Brian M. Travis: 1,797 Votes, 20%
- Michael Albrecht: 1,004 Votes, 11%
- Jacqueline McGourty: 4,609 Votes, 50%
- Elizabeth Crowley: 1,780 Votes, 19%
Northshore School District Director No. 4
- Katya Bautista: 1,737 Votes, 19%
- Sandy R. Hayes: 5,120 Votes, 56%
- Chris Roberdeau: 2,292 Votes, 25%
Northshore School District Director No. 5
- Amy Felt: 2,565 Votes, 28%
- Angela Chapman 1,339 Votes, 15%
- Jasmine Lee Fry: 1,425 Votes, 16%
- Amy Cast: 3,736 Votes, 41%
Alderwood Water And Wastewater District Commissioner Position 2
- Mike Pivec: 5,943 Votes, 20%
- Sandra Brewer: 3,941 Votes, 13%
- Donna Cross: 9,481 Votes, 31%
- Cory Paul Christianson: 3,268 Votes, 11%
- Patrick Leonetti: 7,716 Votes, 25%
Snohomish Transportation Benefit District Proposition No. 1
- Yes: 1,385 Votes, 57%
- No: 1,041 Votes, 43%