Armed robber in custody, two others remain at large in Everett home invasion robbery

One man is in custody and two others remain at large after a “home invasion” style robbery took place early Wednesday morning, followed by a pursuit that ended in Shoreline.

August 22, 2015, update.

Additional information about this home invasion robbery has been reported in the last few days.

Communications Director Ireton emailed, “The suspects were not known nor were recognizable to the victims.”

Eric Stevick reported in an Everett Herald article that there were three masked robbers instead of two, “Three men armed with handguns forced their way into the home and kept their faces covered.”

Stevick also wrote, “The suspects allegedly demanded money and marijuana during the break-in and stole two military-style rifles.”

Original August 19th article.

By Shari Ireton, Director of Communications, Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.

One man is in custody and another remains at large after a “home invasion” style robbery took place early Wednesday morning, August 19th, followed by a high-speed pursuit that ended in Shoreline.

A call came in to 911 around 2:30 am, with the caller reporting that two men with pistols and bandanas covering their faces were robbing a residence at the 8700 block of Gothic Way

Witnesses were able to provide a description of the suspect vehicle. A K9 deputy in the area located the vehicle and followed it to I-5. A pursuit southbound I-5 ensued. 

Assistance was provided by Mountlake Terrace Police by deploying a “spike strip,” puncturing one of the suspect vehicle’s tires and causing it to slow down. The pursuit ended when the suspect vehicle exited I-5 at the 145th NE St exit and crashed into the Jackson Golf Course in Shoreline. 

The two suspects fled the vehicle on foot and the deputy and K9 immediately tracked and captured one of the suspects, a 31 year-old male who was booked in the Snohomish County jail for 1st degree burglary and 1st degree robbery.  

The search for the second suspect was suspended around 5:30 am.

Everett Police confirmed with the burglary victims that the suspects stole an AR15 assault rifle. 

The incident remains under investigation.


Our featured sponsor

Google ad