From a Community Transit News Release.
Community Transit is visiting local job fairs to fill many positions, mostly drivers
Community Transit will be at several job fairs in September and October 2018 to recruit new bus drivers, mechanics, marketers, planners and other positions. The Snohomish County transit agency’s continued service expansion is creating dozens of good-paying jobs.
Transit representatives will be at the following job fairs and community events in September and October:
- September 29 – Public Sector Diversity Career Fair, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, Renton Pavilion, 233 Burnett Ave. S., Renton.
- October 3 – Trade Up event, Cascade High School, Everett.
- October 10 – Diversity Job Fair at Everett Community College, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- October 17 – Armed Forces Regional Job Fair, 10:00 to 11:00 am (veterans), 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (general public), Marysville Armed Forces Reserve Center, 13613 40th Ave., Marysville.
- October 24 – Community Transit Job Fair, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, 906 SE Everett Mall Way, Suite 450 (near Applebee’s south of Everett Mall), Everett.
The week of September 24th, Community Transit is expanding service on its Swift Blue Line between Everett and Shoreline, as well as several other routes. Next spring, the agency will launch the Swift Green Line between Bothell and Paine Field. All this expansion requires more staff to operate and fix the vehicles, as well as provide administrative support for the new service.
Community Transit lost more than 200 jobs during the recession as declining sales tax revenues forced the agency to cut service. The agency has rebounded and is now at its highest staffing levels ever, thanks to a voter-approved transit expansion plan passed in 2015. By using local revenue to leverage state and federal grants, Community Transit will be investing more than $1 billion in the local economy over the next six years.
Community Transit is responsible for providing bus and paratransit service, vanpool and alternative commute options in Snohomish County. The agency is building a network of Swift bus rapid transit lines with Swift Blue Line along Highway 99 and the Swift Green Line between Canyon Park/Bothell and Boeing/Paine Field coming in 2019.