The following article is being reproduced with permission of its author, Kate Towell. Kate is a holistic wellness counselor who supports individuals to create the balanced, vibrant life they imagine.
This is one of my favorite snack recipes. It is easy to make, tastes great and toasted pecans make wonderful holiday gifts. In addition, pecans are high on my list of favorite superfoods. They’re full of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats that keep our bodies going strong. Pecans are high in antioxidants, fiber, vitamin A, calcium, potassium, protein and heart-healthy fats. They are naturally good for you and research has linked them to lower rates of cancers and heart disease.
It doesn’t get much better than that!
Spiced Toasted Pecans Recipe
- 2 – 12 oz. packages of raw shelled pecans (preferably organic)
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee (melted)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons grade B maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix butter, maple syrup and spices together in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over pecans and mix well. Give the mixture a try and add more spice to suite your tastes.
- Place the pecans on a non stick cookie sheet and bake for ~ 20 – 25 minutes. Toss the nuts a few times during baking. Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Wishing you Vibrant Living,
In my practice I support busy folks to create a life they love through the everyday wisdom of Ayurveda. By exploring food and lifestyle choices in a holistic way I guide you on a practical and personal journey into what it takes to create vibrant living; mind, body and Spirit.