By Sergeant Maryjane Hacker, Everett Police Department Community Information Officer.
The Everett Police Department believes the bank robber nicknamed “Beardo” is in custody. Shortly after 11:00 am on Friday morning, February 12, 2016, Everett Police Department detectives arrested Christian N. Franzwa, 57, in Everett.
The Everett Police Department and Seattle Safe Streets Task Force believe Franzwa may be identifiable as the bank robber who has allegedly committed at least seven bank robberies in Washington State as follows:
- Monday, June 1, 2015 – Columbia Bank on Evergreen Way, Everett WA.
- Monday, June 15, 2015 – Columbia Bank on Evergreen Way, Everett WA.
- Thursday, July 23, 2015 – Banner Bank on 4th Ave W, Everett WA.
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015 – Washington Federal Savings on 19th Ave SE, Everett WA.
- Friday, September 4, 2015 – Columbia Bank on Evergreen Way, Everett WA.
- Friday, October 30, 2015 – Bank of Washington on SE Everett Mall Way, Everett WA.
- Wednesday, December 23, 2015 – Opus Bank on 19th Ave SE, Everett, WA.
Investigators developed information to suggest that Franzwa may be identifiable as the “Beardo” bank robber.
Since that point, Everett Police has been conducting surveillance on Franzwa, and arrested him from his vehicle near the intersection of 128th St. and 4th Ave. W.
The “Beardo” robber is known for wearing a fake beard and other articles to mask his appearance. When Franzwa was arrested he was wearing items similar to this.
Detectives who were monitoring Franzwa know that he was in this same area on Wednesday, February 10th. The Banner Bank on 4th Ave. W was a previous target of the “Beardo” robber.
Everett Police arrested and booked Everett resident Franzwa for seven counts of Robbery in the 1st Degree.
This capture reflects partnerships across the northwest because this investigation was conducted jointly by the Everett Police Department and the FBI Safe Streets Task Force.