From an Everett Public Schools News Release.
On September 2, 2020, Everett Public Schools launched Parent University. Families can access, at their leisure, important resources online or via mobile to help support their student’s remote learning and become full partners in their child’s education.
The goals of Parent University are to increase collaboration and involvement between schools, families and community; to educate, empower, and connect families with resources that build parent and student confidence, enhance character development, and promote life skills to increase likelihood of family success in academic endeavors.
Parent University will help parents learn the following:
- How to log in to the online learning platform that will be used across the district,
- How to find remote learning schedules,
- Learn how grading and attendance will be handled,
- Find out about special services for students,
- Determine how to access meals during remote learning,
- Learn about Social Emotional support resources with step-by-step “how to” resources and more.
Videos are also available subtitled in the top five languages for our EL families.
Resources will continue to be added throughout the year.
Parent University, and all other information related to remote learning, can be found at www.everettsd.org/COVID2020-21.