By Heather Chadwick, Snohomish County Fire District 7 Public Information and Education Officer.
At 3:05 pm on Monday, May 22, 2017, Fire District 7 crews were dispatched to a report of a residential fire at the 17600 block of Valley Circle Drive just south of Mill Creek. Firefighters were informed there was a dog in the residence.
Crews arrived on scene to find smoke coming from the windows. Firefighters quickly forced entry into the home to start their initial search.
Crews were able to locate the dog and bring him out to the driveway where the medics were.
At that point firefighters quickly extinguished the fire that started on the kitchen stove, according to the Snohomish County Fire Marshal.
The dog was not responsive so medics started CPR compressions and gave the dog oxygen. As additional crews arrived they brought an animal rescue kit to assist crews to get more oxygen to the dog.
After working on the dog for a while the dog starting to become responsive. Crews continued to give oxygen, and then transported the dog to a local veterinarian.
The Red Cross and 1-800-BoardUp were called to assist the family.
Fire District 7 first responders transport dog to veterinarian. Photo courtesy of Fire District 7.