By Lesley Van Winkle, News of Mill Creek.
The renovation and update of the façade at the Village by the Creek shopping center that was started in early 2016, is now complete. Two new Mill Creek businesses will soon open.
The Newsroom is soon to be Mill Creek’s newest destination for coffee and/or gelato. The new hangout will open as soon as a specially made Italian gelato case finishes its boat ride from the old country. Owner Phillip Yin expects the grand opening to occur in the beginning of March.
Yin wants The Newsroom to be a community oriented meeting place, not just another place to get a cup of coffee.
Work is currently underway on a new Korean barbeque restaurant called Arirang BBQ House in the space previously occupied by the Liquor Store.
There is an all-you-can-eat Arirang Korean BBQ restaurant located in Lynnwood. The Mill Creek restaurant should be opening in early March.
Current tenants of The Village by the Creek shopping center, which was originally developed in the 1980s, include:
- China Garden is a long-time cornerstone in the Mill Creek community and offers classic Chinese dining, takeout, and delivery.
- Amazing Life Chiropractic & Wellness opened just a few months ago and offers chiropractic care, massage therapy, nutritional supplements and custom orthotics.
- Elliott Bay Pizzeria & pub is a locally owned, family friendly establishment that offers pizza, subs and craft beers on tap, plus events such as open-mike nights.
- Golden Cleaners has been offering dry-cleaning and laundry services to the Mill Creek community since 2002.
- H & R Block can handle all your tax filing needs.
- Indigo Urgent Care is a new urgent care facility situated in the 5,000 square feet space formerly occupied by The Jet Bar and Grill.
- Jinjin Foot Massage offers relaxing Chinese foot and body massage at an affordable price. Open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm daily and until 11:00 pm on Saturdays.
- Lorinda’s Salon, Spa, Store was established in 1984 and is a full service salon offering hair and spa services.
- Sky Teriyaki & Sushi is a small restaurant offering a variety of Teriyaki, Sushi and Chinese dishes for dine-in or takeout.
- Union Bank offers a variety of services including drive-up and ATM.