The dates for relocating the Mill Creek Food Bank have changed to August 10th and 11th.
The Mill Creek Food Bank will shortly be vacating its current location at a Jackson High School portable and is relocating to a new space at the corner of 180th Street SE and the Bothell-Everett Highway in the North Creek Center.
The tentative date for the move is the 5th and 6th of August. The food bank will be open for business as usual every Thursday from 5-7 pm.
The phone number for the food bank is 425-582-5154 or email Gina Koehler.
The food bank is anticipating some real growth over the next year as they expect to service many of the families living in the 200 subsidized apartments being built across the street on Bothell Everett Highway.
Mill Creek Rotary has written a grant, which has been accepted by Rotary International and will be purchasing a much-needed vehicle for the food bank.
The Mill Creek Food Bank opened its doors in April 2012. The initiative came from students atJackson High School. The students took their food bank idea to Judi Montgomery, Jackson High School's Activities Director, who then sprang to action.
Montgomery brought together representatives from the Jackson High School student body, the Everett School District, the Rotary Club of Mill Creek, the Mill Creek Business Association, the City of Mill Creek, and the Volunteers of America to make the students’ idea a reality.
The food bank is very grateful for all the community support they have received and now needs financial support to be able to cover their monthly expenses. Food drives both from individuals and companies are always appreciated.
There are many ways to make a difference.
- New volunteers are always welcome.
- The food bank is currently serving up to 50 families a week and the shelves need restocking, so any donation is welcome. Cash donations are great as a $10.00 donation purchases 300 lbs. of food from Food Lifeline. Checks should be made out to VOA/Mill Creek Food Bank.
- Many City events accept Mill Creek Food Bank donations. If you go to these events, please bring food items.
- Donations of canned and dry goods can be dropped off all year long at City Hall: Mill Creek City Hall Lobby , 15728 Main Street, Mill Creek, WA. 98012, Hours: M-F 8-6 pm, Sat. 12-5 pm.
- The food bank will also be open for receiving donations at their new facility after the 6th of August from 4-7 pm.