By Sally Dagna, Mill Creek Police Foundation.
The newly formed Mill Creek Police Foundation is a 501 C-3 charitable entity dedicated to serving the Mill Creek community. We're going to have a booth by the Bank of America at the 2018 Mill Creek Festival on July 14th and 15th, so please stop by to say hello.
We're raising funds to bridge the budget gap on Mill Creek public safety projects that might exceed the planned budget. Please show your support for this community effort.
We will be offering "thank-you" gifts of Krispe Kreme, Frost, and Top Pot donuts along with Starbucks coffee to those who donate $5 or more, and a really nice metal handcuff bottle opener with K-9 theme for those who donate $20 or more.
Here are just a few examples that the foundation might support with funding:
- Map Your Neighborhood.
- Disaster and Emergency Preparedness.
- Additional ongoing and specialized training and equipment for Police Officers and staff.
- Citizen Patrol (all-volunteer).
- Citizens Academy (held annually free to the community).
- National Night Out.
- Neighborhood events.
- Expenses not planned for or exceed the budget.
- New K9 purchases.
- A fund maintained to cover the day-to-day running of the Foundation expenses such as office supplies, phone service, printing costs, website maintenance, etc.
- Funds that can be made available for any health and/or safety community issues as needed.
Want more information? Stop by our booth by the Bank of America at the Mill Creek Festival on July 14th and 15th, and please do check out our website.
Considering joining us? We have board member openings! Just let us know and we will be happy to invite you to attend a meeting.
Mill Creek Police Foundation information. Image courtesy of Mill Creek Police Foundation.