By Richard Van Winkle, News of Mill Creek.
Motorists should prepare for traffic disruptions on two sections of US 2 between Snohomish and Monroe from Wednesday, June 5, 2019, to Wednesday, June 11th.
A Washington State contractor will make a number of safety improvements to the highway this summer.
Starting on June 5th, Granite Construction will begin to remove and replace asphalt paving, replace two Pilchuck River Bridge expansion joints, and build wider medians between eastbound and westbound traffic.
The first part of this project requires intermittent overnight closures of both directions of US 2 between State Route 9 and Bickford Avenue, lane reductions at the Pilchuck River Bridge on US 2 just east of S Machias Road, as well as the following ramp closures:
- Eastbound US 2 off-ramp to Bickford Avenue.
- Bickford Avenue on-ramp to eastbound US 2.
- Eastbound US 2 off-ramp to SR 9.
- SR 9 on-ramp to westbound US 2.
Road Closure Schedule
- Wednesday, June 5th, to the morning of Friday, June 7th – Eastbound lanes closed 8:00 pm to 5:00 am.
- Wednesday, June 5th, to the morning of Friday, June 7th – Westbound lanes closed 7:00 pm to 4:00 am.
- Sunday, June 9th, to the morning of Wednesday, June 11th - Eastbound lanes closed 8:00 pm to 5:00 am.
- Sunday, June 9th, to the morning of Wednesday, June 11th - Westbound lanes closed 7:00 pm to 4:00 am.
- Eastbound travelers detour onto 20th Street Southeast to SR 9 south to rejoin US 2 via Bunk Foss Road.
- Westbound travelers detour at Bunk Foss Road to southbound SR 9, then head west on 56th Street to get to Bickford Avenue to rejoin US 2.