By Richard Van Winkle, News of Mill Creek.
On Monday, November 11, 2019, the City of Mill Creek will be holding a parade as part of the annual Veterans Day Events.
Parking and traffic along Main Street in the Mill Creek Town Center will be restricted most of the morning, so please plan ahead.
Due to the large number of people that annually attend the parade, the public is encouraged to park away from Mill Creek Town Center and take the Swift Green Line to the 153rd Street Station. Swift bus service on November 11th will run every 10 minutes from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm.
The parade will be held on Main Street in Town Center. It will begin at 11:00 am at LA Fitness, and will proceed south on Main Street to City Hall North.
Due to the large crowds expected for this annual event, plan ahead for the following parking and traffic impacts:
- Main Street between 148th Street SE and City Hall North will close for parking between 8:00 am and noon.
- The northbound turn lanes on Bothell-Everett Highway will be blocked off at 151st Street SE, 153rd Street SE, and 156th Street SE at about 10:30 am; southbound traffic can still make right-hand turns onto those streets.
- 153rd Street SE will be blocked to through-traffic at about 10:45 am and will reopen after the parade goes by.
- From Mill Creek Blvd, traffic can turn north on Main Street, but will be diverted to an access road south of Run 26.
- Finally, the north LA Fitness parking lot will close at 6:00 am for parade staging; patrons can park in the south lot, but are advised that once the parade starts, access in and out will be temporarily stopped.
City staff hope to be able to re-open Main Street in the Mill Creek Town Center by noon, but some traffic and parking impacts may linger.
2019 Mill Creek Veterans Day Parade road closures in red. Image courtesy of City of Mill Creek.