From a March 19, 2021, Snohomish County Public Works press release.
With thousands of customers using Snohomish County transfer stations during a single week, the facilities incur a lot of wear and tear over time.
Snohomish County will close the Airport Road Recycling and Transfer Station (ARTS) on Friday and Saturday, April 2nd and 3rd, as maintenance crews make necessary repairs to the concrete tipping floor.
All Snohomish County Solid Waste facilities will be closed Sunday, April 4th, for the Easter holiday.
“We know that this can be an inconvenience for our customers and that is why we are trying to give as much notice as possible,” Snohomish County Solid Waste Superintendent Jon Greninger said.
He went on to say, “Our number one priority is making sure our facilities remain safe and of the highest quality for our customers. This maintenance helps us keep the highest possible standards.”
Other maintenance, such as restriping vehicle lanes, may also be performed during the closure. The other two Snohomish County transfer stations, along with the three drop boxes, will operate on their normal schedules April 2nd and 3rd.
- Southwest Recycling & Transfer Sta. – 21311 61st Place West, Mountlake Terrace. Garbage and Recycling: 7:00 am – 4:30 pm, 7 days a week.
- North County Recycling & Transfer Sta. – 19600 63rd Avenue NE, Arlington. Garbage and Recycling: 7:00 am – 4:30 pm, 7 days a week.
- Granite Falls Drop Box – 7526 Menzel Lake Rd, Granite Falls. Garbage and Recycling: 7:00 am – 4:30 pm, Sunday and Thursday.
- Dubuque Road Drop Box – 19619 Dubuque Rd, Snohomish. Garbage and Recycling: 7:00 am – 4:30 pm, Saturday through Tuesday.
- Sultan Drop Box – 33014 Cascade View Drive, Sultan. Garbage and Recycling: 7:00 am – 4:30 pm, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
For more information, the public can call 425-388-3425.