If you are interested in getting involved and giving your time and energy to the community, the City of Mill Creek has board openings to fill on the Art & Beautification Board, the Parks & Recreation Board, and the Library Board.
Library Board – One vacancy. Applications due September 27, 2013.
The Mill Creek Library Board meets once every other month. Board members do not have to be Mill Creek residents and terms last three years expiring on August 31st.
The Library Board acts as an advisory board to the City Council concerning the operations of the Mill Creek Library. The board gives advisory opinions to the City Council concerning the following matters:
- Supervision, care, and custody of all library property.
- Work necessary to ensure that full and complete library services are being provided to the residents of the City of Mill Creek.
Parks and Recreation Board – Three vacancies. Applications due October 4, 2013.
Mill Creek’s Parks and Recreation Board meets once per month. Members should be Mill Creek residents. Board terms last three years and expire October 31st.
The Parks and Recreation Board serves as an advisory board to the City Council and the administrative staff concerning the following matters:
- Acquisition of park and recreation facilities,
- Development, design, and operation of park and recreation programming and facilities,
- Facility use fees and procedures,
- Park, playfield, and facility design,
- Capital improvement planning,
- Contracts, interlocal agreements, and lease agreements regarding park and recreation activities, and
- Recommend annual budget for the acquisition, development, and operation of park and recreation facilities and programs.
Art & Beautification Board – Two vacancies.
Mill Creek’s Art & Beautification Board meets once per month and members shall be Mill Creek residents or owners/operators of businesses located within city limits. Terms last three years and expire on October 31st.
The Art and Beautification Board serves as an advisory board to the City Council on matters regarding:
- Design of landscaping for city rights of way, medians, entrances, and other public facilities and city-owned properties.
- Special events and projects to enhance the aesthetics and beauty within and business areas of the City.
- Utilization of the Municipal Art Fund.
- Selection and acquisition of artwork obtained for the city and for all municipal.
Construction projects; To the extent feasible, the board should be active during preliminary design or construction phases of municipal projects to assure orderly integration of artwork into the city.
Anyone interested in applying for one of these board positions should submit an online application here:
If you have any questions, please call Kelly M. Chelin, Mill Creek City Clerk, directly at 425-921-5732.