The following article is being reproduced with permission of its author, Kate Towell. Kate is a holistic wellness counselor who supports individuals to create the balanced, vibrant life they imagine.
It’s cleansing season. A detox may sound appealing to you but with all the information out there it’s hard to know where to start.
There are many reasons why people try detoxes or cleanses. What I often encounter are clients wanting to cleanse after having a few weeks or months of eating poorly, not exercising and/or drinking in excess.
Sure a cleanse would help provide a fresh start but taking care of your body, living a healthy lifestyle and minimizing your toxic load on a daily basis is the best way to create lasting vibrant wellbeing.
Check out my everyday detox tips. It’s best to start by incorporating a few of these healthy changes into your life and then gradually add more.
12 Everyday Tips to Detox Your Life
- Eliminate processed foods and refined sugar from your diet.
- Choose organic and load up on fruits, veggies and whole grains.
- Limit or eliminate alcohol.
- Exercise daily.
- Use natural body-care products and household cleaners.
- Invest in a water filter and a glass or stainless steel water bottle.
- Breathe deeply.
- Address toxic relationships.
- Bring nature indoors.
- Keep plants in your house.
- Get sleep 8 hours of sleep every night.
Wishing You Vibrant Living,