By Leslie Hynes, Snohomish County Fire District 1 Public Information Officer.
Four finalists have been selected for the position of Fire Chief of Snohomish County Fire District 1 as follows:
- Marion Blackwell, currently Fire Chief with the City of Spartanburg, South Carolina.
- Rich Brown, previously Deputy Chief of Operations with the Redmond Fire Department and Fire Chief with the Colorado Springs Fire Department.
- Kenneth McCarthy, currently a Division Chief with the San Jose Fire Department, California.
- Bruce Stedman, Fire Chief with the Arlington Fire Department.
The four finalists will be introduced at a public reception on Tuesday, August 15, 2017, from 6:00 to 7:30 pm at Fire District 1 Headquarters.
City of Lynnwood officials are participating in the selection as the successful candidate will on October 1st become Fire Chief of a new Regional Fire Authority (RFA), consolidating the Lynnwood Fire Department and Fire District 1. Proposition 1, establishing the RFA, received support from the majority of voters in both jurisdictions in the August 1st Primary Election.
Officials from the cities of Brier, Edmonds, and Mountlake Terrace – all with long-term district service contracts that will transfer to the RFA – are also participating in the interview process.
The public is encouraged to come and meet the four finalists at the Tuesday, August 15th reception. Candidates will be given an opportunity to introduce themselves and the public can leave comments for the district’s consideration.
- Date: Tuesday, August, 15th.
- Time: 6:00 to 7:30 pm.
- Location: Snohomish County Fire District 1 Headquarters, 12425 Meridian Avenue S., Everett WA 98208.