From a City of Mill Creek press release.
The City of Mill Creek’s Art and Beautification Board announced the winners of the 2012 Great Garden Awards.
Each year members of the City of Mill Creek’s Art and Beautification Board tour the City and make note of those residents who have put exceptional time and effort into the beautification of their property. The Great Garden Award program gives awards across the City to deserving gardeners.
Board members toured the City during June and July and took pictures of noteworthy properties. They then voted to determine this year’s winners of the Great Garden Awards.
Great Garden Award winners receive a keepsake and a yard sign placed in their yard for the month of August. The Mill Creek City Council will also recognize the winners at the September 11, 2012 city council meeting.
The following is a list of the 2012 Great Garden Award winners:
- James & Catherine McDade – 3205 157th Place SE – The Parks
- Lawrence & Carole Harn – 1815 164th Street SE – Winslow
- Gary & Monica Blake – 15802 29th Drive SE – The Highlands
- Betty McLellan – 15231 11th Drive SE – Cypress
- Thomas & Kathy Beck – 1601 166th Place SE – The Lakes
- William & Diana King – 1207 146th Street SE – Vineyards
- Heike Kaindl – 14208 21st Drive SE – Vine Maple
- Lou Ann Cordell – 14733 35th Drive SE – Webster’s Pond
- Charles & Karen Day – 15221 16th Avenue SE – Juniper
- Michael & Dianne Bjorn – 3003 146th Place SE – Cottonwood
- Virginia Eschbach – 2410 141st Place SE – Vine Maple
- Richard & Margaret Hays – 2431 157th Drive SE – Heatherstone
- Gregory Noren – 14603 31st Drive SE – Brighton
- Phillip & Kelly Goodhue – 3324 145th Place SE - Brighton