From an April 21, 2021, Rotary Club of Mill Creek press release.
The Rotary Club of Mill Creek had to cancel our Live Annual Charity Auction Gala in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to maintain our efforts to serve the community in the same capacity as we have for many years, we will be hosting a virtual action this coming May.
Challenges in our local and international communities have been amplified by the struggles created by COVID-19, and those communities need more help than ever.
To all those who have generously supported the Mill Creek Rotary in the past through our auction, food drives, and in other ways, whether with your time or financial donations, we ask that you consider attending our virtual auction and help fund the numerous projects, charities and people in need around the community.
Every dollar you donate will help those in need through the Mill Creek Rotary Foundation.
The Mill Creek Rotary Foundation was formed in 1995 to facilitate the charitable goals of the Rotary Club of Mill Creek. Over the past 25 years, the foundation has funded and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to projects within our own community and worldwide. Some of the many past and on-going projects supported by our fundraising efforts are:
- Implementing a Drive4Food in support of the Mill Creek Community Food Bank to support increased demand during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Annual Holiday Shopping trips with 30-40 low-income elementary students to purchase warm clothes for them each December.
- Complete renovation of garage into a workspace for the residents of Peoria Home in Everett.
- Donation and delivery of thousands of wheelchairs throughout Latin America, South America and Eurasia.
- Annual Scholarships to graduating senior high school students at Jackson High School, Archbishop Murphy High School and Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center.
- Donating hearing aids and funding ENT medical mission trips to Guatemala.
- Donation of transport vans for Cocoon House, Mill Creek Senior Center and Mill Creek Community Food Bank.
- Donation of scoreboard at Mill Creek’s Freedom Field and Archbishop Murphy High School.
- Sponsoring Anti-bullying programing for Everett Public School District Elementary Schools.
- Donation of hospital supplies for spina bifida clinic in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- Donation of Concussion Detection Machine at Jackson High School.
- Donation in support of Prosthetic Limb Center in SE Asia to assist war and land mine victims.
- Annual contributions to Rotary International’s END POLIO Campaign in the fight to eradicate polio.
- Engaging in direct fundraising efforts for worthwhile local organizations including Cocoon House, Burned Children’s Recovery Foundation, ALS Association Evergreen Chapter and The ARC of Snohomish County.
- And So Much More!
We hope that you will be willing to participate in our 2021 Benefit Virtual Auction Supporting our Local and International Communities so that we can continue to do such great work.
Your donations will be directed by our service committees to fund projects directly impacting our community!
Thank you in advance for your generosity in helping us to meet the needs of the community, particularly in these uncertain times. We would never be able to accomplish these wonderful projects or make such a great impact without the assistance of our partners and our generous donors.
Every dollar donated to the Mill Creek Rotary Foundation is funneled directly back into the community in a manner to that will make the biggest impact!
Please join us and help make our auction a huge success.
PLEASE REGISTER NOW: mcrauction.com
- Silent Auction: Sunday, May 9th, 8:00 am to Friday, May 14th, 6:00 pm.
- Virtual Live Auction: Friday, May 14th, 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
Rotary Club of Mill Creek | Passion for Service
Rotary is an international organization of more than one million business and professional men and women united worldwide, to provide humanitarian service, to encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and to build goodwill and peace throughout the world.
The Rotary Club of Mill Creek was formed over 30 years ago and today consists of almost 50 members of the community in and around Mill Creek, Washington. Members come from all facets of the community and include local business people, clergy, and retired business/military persons. They all have one thing in common, a desire to perform service and give back to the local and worldwide community.
See www.millcreekrotary.org for more information about the Rotary Club of Mill Creek.