The following article is being reproduced with permission of its author, Kate Towell. Kate is a holistic wellness counselor who supports individuals to create the balanced, vibrant life they imagine.
I love the Fall. The cool crisp mornings, wearing sweaters, jeans and boots but most of all pumpkin. All the pumpkin varieties and pumpkin flavors of the Fall, I’m in heaven.
Its one of my favorite times of year but the wind, cool weather and change in the light can leave us feeling overwhelmed, fatigued and depleted.
This smoothie is grounding and nurturing. It is loaded with Vitamins A, C and Calcium and Iron.
Not to worry I will be posting more pumpkin recipes but for starters try this super simple nutrient dense pumpkin smoothie.
Protein Packed Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk (or similar but no soy)
- 2 dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for about 5 minutes (to soften)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin – canned is ok
- 1 small piece fresh ginger (1/4 inch or so)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored hemp protein (or protein powered of your choice)
- 1 tsp flax
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender with the liquid closest to the blades.
Blend and enjoy!
Wishing you vibrant living!